Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Macklemore, Ed Sheeran, Robert Kraft

Ms. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez articulates the issue really well with Ed Sheeran, and places it more on Robert Kraft. (Reddit) She sees it complexly, sees how Sheeran might have financial penalties to back out of the concert. She is more concerned about the oligarchy censorship, which is weird because I'm going to go listen to Macklemore now (spotify: Can't Hold Us). 

The issue she highlighted was these oligarchs canceling Macklemore because he advocates Palestinian causes. I find it so weird that an opinion about some issue far away, can lead to someone's canceling.

I didn't know Kraft's father wanted him to become a rabbi, and that they were Jewish. I just know him for being caught at an illegal prostitution ring of massage parlors in Florida (one of many sources). He's also in the Epstein files. Ed Sheeran played at his wedding to a woman 33 years his junior. 

I don't really like Spotify, but I haven't boycotted them yet, but I'm going to quit them soon. I read further:

CEO Daniel Ek’s major investments in Helsing, an artificial intelligence defense and military technology company, alongside controversies regarding low artist payouts and advertising choices. [1] (https://bdsmovement.net/boycott-spotify), [2] (https://aimagazine.com/news/why-high-profile-musicians-are-starting-to-boycott-spotify) (https://theconversation.com/criticisms-against-spotify-keep-mounting-luckily-there-are-alternatives-264982)

In fact I'm going to quit my account now after I listen to a lot of Macklemore. I could save the monthly money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment